Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Round 2 chemo

Its been a while since my last blog. Sorry have been super busy and super tired!!!
Where do I begin. Well I guess I could start with my wig consult. It went good. I learned a lot. How wigs are made, the difference between human hair and fake, and the different gualities. Either way they are EXPENSIVE!!!! The one I would have liked to have got was $1500.00 OUCH! Yeah I have good taste :)  The one I'm thinking I may get one day is $750.00 and it wasn't even real hair.  Enrique came with me when I went it was kinda funny when I put a wig on he seemed afraid of me and kinda made a icky face. When I took it off he said There you are mommy! It was cute.


My last chemo session went well. It was early this time. So when I got there the waiting area was full. Everyone must come in at the same time. Anyhow I was being starred at from all angles of the room. Most of the people waiting had to be 60 or older so of course I stuck out. I could tell they all were wondering exactly what I was doing there. Finally one of the woman asks me if the blanket I had was for me. I said yea my girlfriend made it for me. She about fell off her chair she said wait your here for chemo. And with a big smile on my face and no hesitation I said YEP!!!! There was another woman about 65 or so she was in bad shape poor thing could barely hold herself up. She asked me if she could borrow my blanket she really liked it. Anyway I decided since this blanket seemed to be such a big hit I'd make some and donate them to my cancer center. If anyone would be interested in either donating 2 1/2 yards of fleece in 2 colors I'll make them or maybe you'd like to make one I will gladly take them to the cancer center. Fleece is usually priced well at JoAnn Fabrics. This time I was only there for 4 hrs instead of 5. I seemed to be way more tired and emotional this time around. Where last time I was best friends with the toilet. The toilet and I have grown apart and have not been spending much time together. Which is perfectly fine with me!!! So I was thinking that I would be skipping a chemo treatment due to my surgery coming up. My surgery is October 13 and my next chemo would normally be Oct 14th but that is the day after my surgery. So I thought YIPEEE we can skip one I'm fine with that but once again I am WRONG!!!! Instead I will have chemo, pre op physical and history and blood work on October 11th. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I can't catch a break to save my life :) Oh well. Bring it on!!!!!



Yep heels again to chemo!!!

Meagan made me this blanket. It couldn't of been more perfect!!! Its always freezing in there.


You can see I'm balding thinning really bad here.


No comments:

Post a Comment