Tuesday, November 9, 2010

UPDATE!!!

So I am officially at the peak of the mountain here. Can't ya see me I'm standing at the very top screaming and waving. I've made it up one mountain side and I'll soon start heading down the other side. I have finished 3 rounds of chemo and the lung surgery. I have 3 rounds to go and two more surgeries. I keep trying to tell myself your almost there. One would think that the closer I'd be to the end the easier this would get. But its not it seems to be harder and harder every day. I think I'm hitting a breaking point here. I am just out right EXHAUSTED! Sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm done with this already.

Round 3 of chemo has been by far the worst of it so far. I'm not sure if it is because this is all starting to accumulate now in my body or if it was that I was still not 100%  from the lung surgery. The effects from chemo are adding up and seem to be getting worse and sticking around longer. Nose bleeds, eye twitching, blurry vision, no taste, nausea, full body rashes, heartburn, fatigue, weakness, upset stomach. UGH! So aggravating at times. I use to wish for fancy vacations, shopping sprees and to win the lotto. But what I would give to have a full head of hair and be able to taste a meal. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

On the up side. I had a great busy weekend. I was able to go and watch my daughters cheer competition. They had a great performance and got second place. Our Wauconda Area Queens were in the Lake County Community Pageant. So proud of the three girls they did a great job and represented Wauconda well. Sunday was the Dist 118 fall fashion show where I was one of the models. It was a great time. It was nice to get out and see so many wonderful faces.

My husband decided he would go on a hunting trip. ISN'T THAT NICE!! Even though he has been amazingly helpful through this and he has really stepped it up with the house duties and kids. I could kill him for leaving me alone with these kids for 9 days. I sure hope he is having a good time. He is gonna wish he never went. I have a honey do list that is about 5 miles long and he is gonna do it all in one day while watching the three kids and the dog. And hes gonna do it all with a big smile on his face and NOT one complaint!!!!! LOL!!!! Oh and no breaks and while I'm at it no food or water either. :)

A HUGE thank you to those who have purchased T shirts and or Team Mandy bracelets. I can't tell you what it means. I had no idea I mattered that much to soooo many of you. Both bracelets and t shirts are still available for purchase.

I hope everyone is enjoying these beautiful days were are having!

xoxoxoxox
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment