Thursday, November 11, 2010

Form a team with me :)

I have met many, many women who have said these words to me. "I was diagnosed......" It becomes part of a normal conversation complete with treatment, surgeries, prognosis, and more medical terms than I ever wanted to know.

It is a difficult thing as an adult to say these words and understand what they mean. I'm sure a lot of you have heard the mix radiothon they do to benefit Children's Memorial Hospital. Children's Memorial  Hospital is a shining star in health care. They take care of children who need it regardless of economic ability. I normally listen to the radiothon all day and the thing that continues to bring me to tears is the interviews. I keep hearing children as young as 3 saying those words..."I was diagnosed....". They shouldn't even know what the word means.

Not all of the kids at Children's Memorial Hospital are dealing with cancer, but many are. Cancer is a miserable, terrible, cruel disease and the treatment for cancer is miserable as well. These kids who are going through chemo or radiation or stem-cell transplants are braver than brave and they don't deserve to be turned away because their families can't afford the treatment. I hope you will join me in supporting Children's Memorial Hospital. If you are a survivor who reads this blog, I want you to remember the first time you had to say those words..."I was diagnosed". If you are a parent who reads it, think about how your heart would hurt if you heard your children say those words.

LETS FORM A TEAM!!!!
CHICAGO Dance Marathon 2011

Dancing for Children's Memorial

Saturday, March 19, 2011
Sheraton Hotel & Towers
301 East North Water Street
Chicago, IL 60611

Registration: 7:00am
Kick-Off: 8:00am
Closing Ceremonies: 9:00pm

Do you have to dance the whole time?
Nope! CHICAGO Dance Marathon is about MUCH more than just dancing. There will be 13.1 hours of entertainment, great food, games, activities, but above all patients and families to interact with and that will share their stories and inspire you throughout the entire day!

I'd like to participate in this event. Anyone interested in forming a team with me. TEAM Mandy! Each person will need to raise a min of $400.00 by April 22 2011. Should be easy there is plenty of time.  Please let me know if your interested. I'd like to sign up asap and start collecting my donations. You have to have a minimum of  five people to form a team. The more the merrier. The more people we have the bigger of a difference we will make :)

Check out the site for more info.
http://www.heroesforlife.org/site/TR/DanceMarathon/DanceMarathon?fr_id=1241&pg=entry
I don't want my kids to EVER have cancer.  I sincerely hope that in the way that I missed the genius gene, they will miss the cancer gene.  I hope my children live wonderful lives and have an appreciation for things-all while they are cancer free.

xoxoxoxoxox
Mandy

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like fun! And for a good cause. Would have to take some dancing lessons here, tho, lol, it's been ages.

    ReplyDelete