Saturday, October 30, 2010

Remember!!!

Hola Everybody! Hope everyone is enjoying their Halloween festivitiess. I still am very slowly getting better. I went back on pain meds today. :(  I also am starting my chemo meds tomorrow and will have chemo on Monday.
 Soooo I got this idea from a friend who got it from a friend who got it off a message board somewhere. Make Sunday October 31, your day of remembrance. I think this is a great idea!

Breast Cancer Awareness Month is winding down. I'm glad that I succeeded in some small way of creating more awareness for breast cancer. I will start earlier next year and build on what I've learned.

I've decided to join in creating my own holiday: Breast Cancer Remembrance Day. On Oct, 31, the final day of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I will remember the friends and family I and others have lost to this disease. It's Sunday, so I will light a candle for them and say some prayers.

I will wear black, not for its funeral implications but for its simple dignity, a quality that has been sadly lacking these past 30 pink saturated days.

At 8:45 tomorrow night I will go outside with a flashlight. I'll think of the one in 8 U.S. women who will get breast cancer and the 45,000 who will die this year.

A science teacher said if you turn on a flashlight and pointed it toward the sky the photons leave the flashlight and they immediately start to spread out. Provided that they don't hit anything, each individual photon travels through space forever. Time slows down as you approach the speed of light.
I'll think of those whose time was all too brief and I'll hope for brighter days ahead.

Happy Halloween!!!
xoxoxox
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment