Monday, March 28, 2011

Seriously .... did you say THREE days?

I am actually going to do it! I signed up to walk 60 miles over 3 days in hopes of eradicating breast cancer. I went to an information session and was shocked that the room was packed. All of these people, men and women, who had not personally experienced the pain of cancer were willing to raise $2300 each and walk 60 miles...60 MILES. I was moved to tears and knew, immediately, that I would be joining them on the walk of my life. This is going to be the most powerful, emotional 60 miles of my life.

The Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure is August 5-7. This is the first time I have undertaken such a huge endeavor, but I have to do it. I am doing it in hopes that one day I will not have to live in constant fear of facing another bout with cancer. I am doing it in hopes that my daughter, sister and niece will not have to hear the words "you have breast cancer." I am doing it in hopes that my friends and their daughters will not have to undergo months of chemotherapy or multiple surgeries only to learn they will NEVER be the same person they were before diagnosis.

Between now and August, I will posts updates on my fundraising progress and on my actual training progress. At this point, however, I am in the process of meeting my fundraising goal of $4600.00  So, let me know if you are interested in making a donation. Come on help a girl out! ;) Thank you to those of you who have already made your contribution. It means a lot to me.
Check out the website.

http://www.the3day.org/goto/mandygarcia

xoxoxox
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment