Monday, March 28, 2011

2011 Honorary Bat Girl contest

MLB is doing a contest to become the 2011 Chicago Cubs Honorary Bat Girl.
I submitted my story. You are judged on public vote and creativity. I was given a 900 character max.
 So Team Mandy I need your help. I need your votes along with asking everyone you know to take a few seconds to vote for me.

This is what I submitted:

  Mandy 4 Cancer 0
  And now the pitch! On 7/29/10 at the age of 30 I had to step up to the plate and take a mighty swing at a curve ball Breast Cancer. Next inning 8/12/10 This time a fast ball Lung Cancer. The bases were loaded. Over the next several innings (aka 9 months). I could hear and see my fans cheering me on. Left lower lung removal and 18 weeks of chemo. Down to my last out (lung collapses) but I got back up and brushed myself off and stood back in the box ready for my next pitch. 2/11/10 bi lateral mastectomy with reconstruction and 5 wks of radiation and...its a Grand Slam! Mandy wins Mandy wins HOLY COW! And the crowd goes WILD! I continue drug therapy as I recover from surgery. When I'm not at bat, I will NOT be sitting in the dugout crying and complaining. I will be standing up and holding my Survivor title proudly. I would be honored to be the Cubs 2011 bat girl. Please vote for me!



http://mlb.mlb.com/sponsors/komen/gallery.jsp             
Just go to the website. Sort by team click the drop down box click on cubs. Then find me my story. Then you'll see a buttton that says vote. You'll be asked to verify a code and thats it. Its very easy and takes all of 45 seconds. There is no registering envolved. Please send this to everyone you know.

Much Love
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment