Monday, March 28, 2011

Love Laugh LIVE!!!

So, now I have had 9 months of living with the reality of breast cancer, figuring out what it means to be a survivor and attempting to navigate within my "new normal."  While most things related to cancer suck ... I mean really suck.. my new friends are one thing in this cancer muck that put a smile on my face.  I was once told that breast cancer is a sorority with the worst initiation known to man.  That is SOOOO true.  I have these new friends in my life my pink sisters and many others, who make this road somewhat bearable.  These are women, young women, who have gone down this road and continue to remind me that although you've dealt with cancer, and all that goes with it, you are still ALIVE, so remember to love, laugh, LIVE.  Most importantly, they remind me to take time to enjoy ME and all the possibilities in life that are to come.

Ladies Moms - Don't forget to take care of you!  We get so busy with the kids and everyday life we forget about ourselves. Stop putting off scheduling that Dr apt. Stop saying you'd like a relaxing day to yourself. Stop wondering when you could have time in the next 2 months to go get a massage or a mani pedi. Start living for YOU! Cause if you don't no one else will.

xoxoxo
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment